Is your child itching to play football but is not quite old enough yet?
GEJFA tackle football begins in 3rd grade for most children. If you have a child that will be in 1st or 2nd grade this Fall, consider starting them out in our Flag Football program. Our teams will wear the Issaquah purple and gold, practice and play on the same fields as our tackle players, and compete with other GEJFA Clubs (e.g. Skyline, Inglemoor, Bothell, etc.).
Practices will start the week of the 2nd week of September and will be one day a week. Games will played each Saturday beginning late September and finishing in late October. Most games will be on the Issaquah High School football field, and practices will be at a local Issaquah field (Central Park, Pacific Cascade Middle School, Tibbett's Valley).
Flag Football Highlights
- Learn age appropriate skills
- Wear the Issaquah uniform
- Non-contact football, with emphasis on safety
- USA Flag Football certified coaches
- Similar rules to NFL Flag Football
- Small teams guarantee all kids get to play
- Play on the High School football fields
- Practice alongside the older tackle football players
- Less time commitment than tackle football (fewer practices; later start date)
- Compete against other GEJFA Clubs
- Emphasis on having fun!!!