Our Cheer program would not exist without the hard work and dedication of our VOLUNTEER Cheer Coaches. The program has grown from a few dozen to over 100 cheerleaders in just a few short years. Unfortunately, we are faced with having to turn children away each season simply because we do not have enough parents willing to help volunteer coach.
Please consider helping our program out by volunteering to coach. The most important part of coaching IYF Cheer is to be PRESENT and PREPARED! Our IYF Cheer Leadership is here to guide you and help provide the cheerleaders and their families an amazing experience.
Cheer Coach Requirements
- Complete online background check.
- Attend pre-season coach meetings.
- Learn the cheers before the season begins. A YouTube video link will be given to coaches.
- PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS!!!!
- Learn the dance- a great way to do this is to video the routine and practice at home.
- Clearly communicate with parents and cheerleaders about upcoming events
- Come prepared to each practice and game. HAVE A PLAN!
- Show up early
- HAVE FUN!!!